Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The "Hair Flip Thing"

That's what I've referred to this photo-opp as since the early days of when I taught photography at the Campfire Boys & Girls camp, Camp Sealth, on Vashon Island in the early 90's. In subsequent years, when the moment and light were right, and when my subjects had no idea how cold the water was, there have been so many memorable photo shoots.

It's not always hair flipping. I just love water, sunsets, reflections, frozen models, sand and shells and have photographed all kinds of folks at the beach or adjacent to it neck deep in the water (families, water polo player, collegiate swimmer, wakeboarders, random willing people etc.). Here's just a few shots from a senior portrait shoot last week.


Becca was relatively petrified to get into the water after watching her cousin Michaela freeze to death. After I showed her this photo though, she was glad she decided to go for it!
I first met Michaela when she was 8 months old, just a few years after I photographed her wonderful parents' wedding.

1 comment: