Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Classic Moment!

I just got home from a shoot in Seattle this evening (or last evening now). When I pulled into the ferry dock to hop on the 10:55pm boat home I saw my friends Denise and Krista in the neighboring car. Denise had taken her daughter Krista shopping in Seattle and they had spent hours looking for a bridesmaid dress for Krista to wear for her brother's wedding this summer that I will be photographing. The girls were completely burnt out and exhausted from the whole ordeal. I'm going to be taking Krista's senior portraits in a few days but I got an idea. I told Krista how cool it would be if she got her bridesmaid dress on and met me up on deck for some photos. She groaned loudly and kept texting someone on her phone. Just as I was driving away to get on the boat I said through my open passenger window that I was going to take my camera up on the boat and if Krista wanted to be FUN she would meet me up there for some photos...if not, no big deal. As I was grabbing a pop, here she came in jeans and flip flops with her dress bundled up in plastic. She headed to the restroom to change and the rest is history!

I love this first shot especially. I hung my camera far off the side of the boat and had to bounce the flash off of my own white shirt to get the shot. In other words, I sort of eyeballed it and then closed my eyes when I took the shot so as not to blind myself!



I took the last few in black & white because her skin was turning purple!

Random spontaneity is the best. Thanks for being fun Krista and Denise, hope you enjoyed your nap in the car!

1 comment:

  1. Moosie, This is what makes you a special one-of-a-kind man! The spontaneous moments you capture are sure to last a lifetime. They are simply priceless.

    ReplyDelete