Friday, December 3, 2010

Remembering Henry

About 3 o'clock this afternoon, the amazing Henry Xu's cancer struggle ended. He is no longer in pain. He is cancer free. But those that were lucky enough to know him will forever be warmed and inspired by the memory of his awesomeness. Quirky? In your face? Off the wall? Hilarious? Unbelievably strong? All of these describe a little man who was loved by so many people, especially by his devoted mother Lihua that all of my thoughts and prayers are going out to at this time.

Henry, you left a permanent mark on me and my family and we will never forget you. We love you.


Henry's mom was with him every moment including this when I visited a few days ago.


(giant poster in Henry's room featuring a photo he took at the Woodland Park Zoo)





Henry's words to live by...every day.


On behalf of Lihua please remember Henry in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. He's in mine. Thanks for the tribute Moose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =( Please express to his mother our sympathies, let her know those of us who have been in the C world are praying with much love. Sincerely, The Family of Eric Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family met Henry while he was out for one of his walks from the Ronald McDonald house. As with everyone he met he certainly made an impression on us, I wish I could do something to ease the pain on his mother. Thank you for capturing a little of him in your photographs - the world is a little dimmer without him. God bless you up there Henry, me miss you down here!

    Colin, Holly & Abby Williams

    ReplyDelete