Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kyle at 1 and 18



I held Kyle when she was less than 20 minutes old. I've known her mom Teresa since 1979. Teresa stayed at our house in Greenlake in the days before she gave birth, her husband unfortunately being stuck in Mexico. My wife, Heidi helped with the birth while I paced the hallways. Because of busy lives I had only seen Kyle a handful of times over the years. She came to the studio last fall for her senior portraits. When she hopped out of the car I was immediately struck with her poise and positive energy. It was hard to believe that I had met Kyle's mother when she was 2 years younger than Kyle was on that day.

I looked at the brand new Kyle and the 18 year old Kyle really the same way, with a sense that anything was possible and that a wonderful life lay before her.

No comments:

Post a Comment